A Summary of the Process
- Qualify the Search Assignment
- Confirm the Search Assignment
- Create Search Assignment Profile
- Make Recruitment Plan
- Contact Potential Candidates
- Client Review of Initial Short List
Preparation and Interview
- Conduct Behavior Based Interview (BBI)
- Check Confidential References
- Send Introduction Document to Client
- Arrange Face to Face Interviews
- Brief and Debrief Client and Candidate
Finalizing and Post Closing
- Negotiate Compensation Package
- Offer Position to Candidate
- Check Satisfaction of Candidate and Client
The Process Detailed
- We qualify each search assignment jointly with you:
- Obtaining recruitment information, i.e. which companies would you prefer, geographic experience, etc.
- Obtaining a profile of the ideal candidate
- Ensuring that no candidates are in the pipeline
- We confirm the SA in writing including fee and specifications and seek your signature as a signal to begin the recruitment process.
- We develop a unique recruitment plan, then a database of 60-80 potential candidates including those on your wish list; and we start contacting candidates.
- We establish a shortlist (10 to 12 candidates) and review these candidates verbally with you to see if we are on the perfect track. This gives you the opportunity to refine the specifications for the profile one more time.
- We contact shortlisted candidates (external and internal), verifying their interest. We cover counteroffer and assess their genuine interest.
- We conduct in-depth interview with candidates including a Behavior Based Interview.
- We identify 2 to 3 front runners, candidates matching your specs.
- We call selected candidates and cover counteroffers again. We stay wary if we believe he/she is susceptible to counteroffer!
- We send an introduction of the front runner to you with 2 reference reports from references not listed on candidate’s reference list; and with the full BBI.
- The next day, we call you to get feedback and attempt to setup a personal interview. Fluid communication and speed from your end will indicate to the candidate that you are serious.
- We will follow up with 2-3 additional references before the actual interview.
- We prepare candidate for the interview and brief him/her beforehand.
- After the interview, we debrief you and share with you the candidate’s impressions and learn of your disposition and objections, if any.
- We will cover the counteroffer again with the candidate and discuss his/her resignation, listening carefully to candidate’s reaction. We will talk to the spouse and family if there is hesitation on their part.
- We will ask you to send the initial offer letter by email to ESI. As a third party we deflect emotional issues, ensure that the offer letter covers all important issues, start date, remuneration, bonus criteria, health insurance details, relocation details, stay at hotel free of charge until residence is found and for how long, etc.
- We review the offer and discuss it verbally with the candidate and negotiate necessary changes with you.
- We congratulate the candidate; and we email the initial offer letter to him/her, have it signed and returned to ESI.
- We send the signed offer letter to you and request that a hard copy of the offer letter be sent to the candidate’s home address.
Post Closing Activity
- We call the candidate every week or so before the actual start date to assess that he/she is looking forward to the new career challenge.
- We call the candidate on his first day of employment.
- We will call you on candidate’s first working day to learn of your first impression and to elicit anticipated payment date in order to advise our accounting department.
- We call the candidate and you every few weeks according to our Post Closing Procedure.