Code Of Ethics
The Executive Search International Account Executive should recognize that the interests of the client and candidate require the highest and best use of the services of ESI in the widest distribution of business contacts. Such interests impose obligations beyond those of an ordinary search company. They impose grave responsibility and duty to which the Account Executive should be dedicated and for which they should be diligent in preparing themselves. The Account Executive, therefore, is zealous to maintain and improve the standards of their calling and shares with fellow ESI Account Executives a common responsibility for their integrity and honor.
The goals and standards of ESI are at any time to be perceived as the premier search company in the hotel industry worldwide.
“Premier” being defined due to the reputation of the company being able to consistently provide the highest caliber hospitality professionals for all positions in the industry of a management nature. It further defines that all assignments accepted are at all times executed in a professional, prompt, and efficient manner in accordance with our stated objectives.
The Company is to enjoy the highest repeat usership possible in all of its current and future market segments.
In accepting this standard as their own, each ESI Account Executive pledges to observe its spirit in all of their activities and to conduct their business in accordance with the tenets set forth.
- Will not knowingly “raid” or solicit candidates from a client’s property from which we have placed a candidate there, neither directly nor indirectly.
- Is expected to provide a level of competent service in those fields in which ESI customarily engages.
- Will submit the resumes of candidates only with their consent to a client.
- Be informed on matters affecting the global hospitality industry, endeavoring to be informed of laws, regulations and market conditions as so to contribute to the ESI team and public thinking.
- Protect and promote the interest of the client is primary, but does not relieve the obligation to treat fairly all parties. Safeguarding the client and candidate against fraud, misrepresentation, unethical practices or concealment of pertinent facts.
- Shall not publicly disparage a competitor nor volunteer a negative opinion of a competitor. If an opinion is solicited, it shall be rendered with strict professional integrity and courtesy, and shall include no negatives whatsoever.
- Seek no unfair advantage over other search firms.
- Will not engage in any practice or take any action inconsistent with the policies of ESI or which they have a present or contemplated interest unless fully disclosed to all affected parties.
- Shall not accept any commission, rebate, or profit from a candidate, as ESI is retained and compensated by our clients.
- Shall not engage in activities that constitute the unauthorized practice of law and shall recommend that legal counsel be obtained when the interest of any part to the transaction requires it.
- For the protection of all, we shall make financial obligations and commitments regarding future employment transactions in writing, expressing the exact understanding of the parties.
- Candidates not selected by a client will be advised verbally of the outcome and secure permission to contact them in the future.
- Not deny equal professional services to or be party to any plan or agreement to discriminate against, any person for reasons of race, creed, sex, age or country of national origin.